Shopping for Shelter

 

Shopping for Shelter Reign Denver MagazineIf you ask us, pandhandling is so last season. That’s why we’re smitten with Shopping for Shelter, the new, totally innovative fundraiser for New Genesis. New Genesis has been near and dear to us for a while now. The epitome of a hand up, not a hand out, they are a transitional homeless shelter with a 70% success rate in seeing residents go from the streets to a successful life and career. Residents (referred to as ‘clients’ by the organization) are required to hold a job and pay rent – making up 80% of the shelter’s operating costs and helping them stay accountable for their actions and their lives. But the other 20% comes from you and me.  Enter Shopping for Shelter. This weekend, it’s simple to give back. Just shop at a handful of Colorado retailers and a portion of your purchase will automatically be donated to New Genesis. From fashion to gifts, décor to furniture and more, you can nab a new handbag, grab that hostess gift and add some oomph to your living room while giving back (and not just to your shoe collection).

Just visit one of the six participating locations and shop your heart out.  Need a suggestion?  We’ve got you covered with the looks in our online gallery here – all of which benefit New Genesis.

And if staying in is more your thing, you can still help out.  Now through the end of the month, you can shop the auction at the Shopping for Shelter “Ungala” Gala. We’ve ditched the pomp and circumstance and are instead encouraging you to don that sparkly ball gown, pop open a bottle of bubbly and sip and bid from the comforts of home.  This way, 100% goes back to New Genesis. No overhead, no committee meetings and no operating expenses to cover. Just a trip to Beaver Creek or a head to toe makeover that benefits the working homeless. Tres, chic, isn’t it?

Check out our auction by clicking here. And check back often, too – we’re adding new items every day. We’re even asking our patrons to snap pics of their fab “ungala” ensembles and social share using #shoppingforshelter.

Shopping for Shelter – in stores this weekend and online through October 31st. Learn more about New Genesis here, or call 303. 881.0953. To donate to our auction or to participate as a retailer next year, email hello@reignmag.com and we’ll get you all set up, doll.

Look Who’s Putting Their Money Where Their Mouth Is…

Shop for Shelter this weekend at….

HW Home
hwhome.com
Cherry Creek North, The Landmark Greenwood Village, Pearl Street Boulder
Home furnishings, décor, tabletop and gifts

Baby Doe’s
babydoesclothing.com
Historic Downtown Golden
Women’s clothing and gifts

Hutch & Fig
hutchandfig.com
Cherry Creek North
Tabletop, fine china, décor and gifts

Gracie’s Unique Apparel & Fine Gifts
graciesonsouthpearl.com
Historic Pearl Street Denver
Women’s clothing, accessories and gifts