With tomorrow’s game fast approaching, we are taking a moment to showcase a little bit of orange and blue style that’s fit for any fashionista.
Here, our favorite looks, sips and styles that will have you Tebowing in no time.
Sip: Agent Orange
Forget the beer…get glam with this fab concoction.
- 1 oz Canadian Whiskey
- 1 oz Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 oz Apple Schnapps
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1 oz White Rum
- 1 oz Triple Sec
- ½ oz Grenadine
- 2 oz Orange Juice
- Slice of Orange to Garnish
Fill Martini Glass or Shaker with Ice. Add ingredients and shake. Strain into glass, garnish with orange.
Wear: Thakoon Fox Fur Jacket
This high fashion fox fur bolero jacket is perfectly blue and orange for the fashionable fan. Available at Due in Vail Village, Ring 970.476.1667.
Accessorize: Sequin Bangles
A delicate wing pattern threads a bold, bright-hued bangle marked by sparkling accents and a glossy finish. Available at Nordstrom, Cherry Creek.
Nosh: Orange Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of pure orange extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly butter or line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Place the sugar and orange zest into the bowl of your mixer and blend until moist and fragrant. Add in butter and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla and orange extracts.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and milk, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 18-20 minutes or until nicely browned and a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, frost with icing.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- (1) 8 ounce package of cream cheese; room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of butter; room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of shortening
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar; add more to reach desired consistency
- Combine cream cheese, shortening and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix until smooth, creamy and well blended.
- Blend in the vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the confectioners’ sugar until you reach the desired consistency.