A Vintage Fourth of July
By Kaitlin Chad, The Every Hostess
Friends, family, fireworks, delicious food and a weekend away? It doesn’t get much better than Fourth of July weekend. Drawing influence from the red, white and blue, we’re sharing our oh-so-adorable Independence Day Soiree. May our tips and trends inspire your own style savvy fetes on the fourth!
1. Keep your menu simple so you are able to enjoy the party! Hot Dogs and hamburgers work perfectly (no one expects a gourmet meal on the 4th of July).
2. Try a new theme rather than your typical red white and blue. We went vintage American for our Fourth of July party. Check out The Entertaining Shoppe they have the perfect decor for any theme you choose.
3. Simple flower arrangements go a long way. By using three types of flowers that were red white and blue, this beautiful arrangement from Beet and Yarrow was the perfect touch to the center of the table.
4. Provide a basket of blankets for your guests if the weather calls for a chilly evening.
5. You can never go wrong with pies for dessert! Another fun addition is having a s’mores bar if you have access to a fire pit. The perfect firework-watching activity.
1. Short Pedestal $35
2. Large Pedestal $35
3. Ice Caddy Large $70
4. Galvanized Pails $17
5. Navy Striped Pouf $89
6. Zinc Place Card $18
7. Zinc Easel $22
9. Hot Dog Foil Bags $3
Photos by Meredith Moran Photography
Styled by Kaitlin Chad
Kaitlin Chad is an assistant at Reign Magazine, and also writes her own blog, The Every Hostess!